Totally spaced publishing this...pretend I posted it the first day of November, okay?
I've had the most fantastic month. Really. Truly.
My roommates and friends combined together to make my birthday great. I wasn't expecting anything, because I hadn't made a big deal about it. I was kind of super excited about the fact that I was turning 20, though, because it's a really sweet number. (On an off note, I'm disappointed in the outside Provo world for not being more excited about the number 20. I mean, I know y'all are just excited for people to become legal bibbers at 21, but really...-_-)
To spare you all the details, I dropped off that day feeling incredibly loved. I was floored by how involved my roommates were, because we only met, what, like, two months ago? They really are the biggest blessing I've been given this year. As always, Celina and Em are my constants, and I don't know what I'd do without them. (WOW this is getting sappy...)
I found myself much less homesick than I expected. I think it's partially because I've been pushing so hard for mental independence (there's really no other way to deal when you're so far away), but I missed my family all the same. I think, however, that I've finally reached the point where Provo is my home. I want my favorite people to come visit me more than I want to go back to visit them. But I digress.
I GOT TO BE A ZOMBIE! I signed up last year for the Provo rec volunteer group, and one of the things I've been able to do is volunteer for the Halloween Carnival. I had all my fingers, toes, and limbs crossed that I'd be put in the Haunted house, and it happened! It was probably one of the most fun things I've done EVER. I put a lot of my reactions on Twitter so I wouldn't forget.
Also, SNOW!!! ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!
![]() |
| This isn't actually the snow that was on my birthday. But it is BYU snow, and it's awful purdy. |
I couldn't be happier if Taylor Lautner himself decided to marry me. Actually, that's a lie. But I'm pretty darn happy.
As Ever,
Mandi

No comments:
Post a Comment